Friday, October 8, 2010

Argan Oil

I found a real treasure for moisturizing my face - Argan Oil.

Argan Tree

Pits & Seeds
 Argan oil is an oil produced from the kernels of the Argan tree, native to Morocco, it is valued for its nutritional, cosmetic and medicinal properties. Ancient  people of Morocco would collect undigested argan pits from the waste of goats which climb the trees to eat their fruit. The pits were then ground and pressed to make the nutty oil used in cooking and cosmetics. Hopefully today's oil is harvested in a much more sanitary way!  But it just goes to show how great this oil is, if people were willing to go to these extremes just to harvest it!!!
Using oil on my face at first seemed incongruous, after all weren't we taught that we had to get rid of the oils on our face?  But I realize the opposite is true (even if you have "oily" skin), if you hydrate your skin with the right kind of oil, it won't need to produce oil, thus making your face oily. 
 I use Josie Maran brand & adore it!






I also use oils to cleanse my face, but I make up my own concoction!  Three parts extra virgin olive oil (moisturizes) and one part of castor oil (cleansing), I put itnto a spray bottle and use twice a day - better than anything I ever have purchased over the counter!

No comments: