Monday, October 22, 2007

The Little Things in Life


"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things" ~Antonio Smith

Had a wonderful weekend! Big Guy (DH) came home early from his yearly male bonding trip Upstate & on Friday night we ate out & Saturday we sailed (garage sailed) & visited all of our favorite thrift shops. Picked up a wonderful white enamel basin - about 20" round - chipped & rusty - PERFECT!! (LOL) I know just the spot for it in the garden filled with marigolds or impatiens! When we got home, then we barbecued some luscious steaks, built a fire and hung out on the deck all night. Sunday we walked the flea market & brought a cute cow cookie jar & cow teapot (in my kitchen, along with vintage red ware, cows are also the theme). While we were away, I had a big pot of Italian tomato sauce bubbling on the stove &when we returned feasted on a great dinner. Today when I woke up, I decided I needed a mental health day & let little Guy (DS) stay home too! We slept late, lounged and had a great day! Sometimes the little things in life make things great!!!!

No comments: